Friday, April 26, 2013

Dancing Under the Stars ...

We were dancing under the stars. 

So romantic, right?

This is how my dancing under the stars went the other night ...

We got home late after practice (surprise, surprise). I started unloading the brood and Travis walked up the driveway to check the mail. The kids headed in for showers and I walked back out to the car for something. It was a clear night, the stars were so bright. I thought, hmm - perfect opportunity to have a dance with the husband. So I asked him to dance with me. 

I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes. It was quiet for a few seconds ... 

Me: How's your shoulder feel? Have you been able to poop since you've been taking that medicine again?
Hubs: Fine, I guess. I mean I started taking those stool softeners a couple days before the surgery. 
Me: Oh good. That was smart. 


A few more seconds of silence.


Hubs: How'd Kruz do today? Peeing and pooping?
Me: Great! No accidents. 


A few more seconds of silence.


Hubs: How's your boob feel? I know you said you thought you were getting that mastitis again ...
Me: Feels fine. Must've just slept wrong. 


A very brief moment of silence.


Me: Do you realize we're out here dancing under the stars and all we've talked about is boobs, pooping and peeing?

Then we both just bursted into laughter.

 I love that God chose him for me to do this journey with. I couldn't imagine it any other way. And yes, with me nursing our fourth kid and having all boys and one of them being two, our life does go hand in hand with boobs, pooping and peeing. It is what it is. And I am glad we can laugh about it. Although, we seriously need to work on the logistics of being romantic .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment