Sunday, March 27, 2016

Those Sweet Glimpses ...

Do you ever see glimpses of your childhood?

I did today. 

This year our family has endured too many losses. And as much as I hate to say this, it took those losses to shake us to our core and decide to spend more time together as a family.


Growing up, Easter was always, always, always spent at Grandma and Grandpa's. With a juicy ham, too many deviled eggs to count, okra and sweet cream corn. And of course there was always the Egg Hunt. I can remember having to hide in the back bedroom while the eggs were being hid, oh the anticipation. I can remember filling my basket and retreating to the living room to dump them all out to see what goodies I got. 


And this year, I was so thankful to watch my babies enjoy that same tradition. It's been, only the Lord knows how long, since we had Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's. There was ham, okra, deviled eggs, sweet cream corn, the list goes on and on. And there was the Egg Hunt.

I'm just gonna say this. My generation has blown the last generation out of the water in offspring. Good Lord. I lost count after 25. You try countin' kids while they're all runnin' around lookin' for eggs.

I am so thankful for my Grandma and Grandpa. Good Lord, look what they've done!



All these kiddos, what a blessing they are! Drive ya a little crazy, but a blessing still!


Sugar Lump wasn't feeling too swift this weekend, so her Daddy's arms was where she wanted to be. No Solo Egg Hunting for her this year. 






I think this was my favorite picture of all from today! I just love those sweet smiles from Kohen.


 This Easter Season has been a doozy for us. Lots of sickness shenanigans, last minute shopping, yucky weather. But this. This is what is important. Family coming together, loving on one another and having some fun. 

I am so thankful for this big family of mine! My Grandma is 85 Years Old, my Grandpa is 90. I have 5 Aunts, 4 Uncles and 14 Cousins and remember, I lost count at the Second Cousins. We are crazy and country and strong as all get out. Plain and simple, I am thankful to call them mine. 

I am excited for the years to come, for the future Easter get togethers, to see my children enjoy this tradition like I did!

Happy Easter Y'all!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment