Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Boys' Breakfast ...

The boys' old breakfast regimen: their pick from Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Reese Puffs ...

In Momma's defense - they said whole grain!
 I know, I know - not very healthy.

Their new breakfast: a smoothie. A green one at that, they just don't know it ;)

I have had so many people ask me what it is I add to the boys' breakfast smoothie.
Here you go ...
 
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup filtered water
1/2 bunch of spinach with stems
 
Mix these together first. Mix very well.
 
1 cup frozen berries
2 bananas
1 spoonful of almond butter
 
Mix berries with green mixture first, then add bananas and almond butter and mix more.  
 
I also add a handful of ice at the very end just to appease them :)

If I could describe this smoothie, I would say it tastes like a PB&J. That's what the boys call it ... their PB&J Smoothie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment