Wednesday, August 21, 2013

All New. Everyday ...

Last March when I first felt the Lord tug at my heart to homeschool my boys I just knew if it was going to be done, He would be the One to do it. 

Not me. Him

I began to look for encouragement all around me and I had one particular bible verse that pounced on my heart and never really left me throughout the year.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and He will give you success."
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NCV)

I claimed this as my "theme" for Nichols Prep. On days when not one thing was crossed off my To-Do List, I recited this verse. On days when I didn't understand how I would explain a particular subject to my kids, I would recite this verse. On days when Kruz felt the need to make concoctions of lotion, baby powder and shampoo in my toilet, I would recite this verse. It dwelled in my heart and helped me through many, many days last year.

As this school year has quickly approached, I've been praying for God to show me another verse to hold dear to me for this year. I read so many wonderful ones, but nothing really gave me great peace ...

Until the other day. 

I came across this verse and I'm telling you, I could feel my heart smile. 

"The Lord's love never ends; his mercies never stop. They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NCV)

So there it is. My theme for this school year. My prayer.

I know not every day will be smooth. I know not every day will have a To-Do List that is complete. I know not everyday will give me an allotted quiet time. But every day is new in Him. 

And that ... that blesses my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment