Saturday, August 31, 2013

Life Has Been Life ...

Well hi.

 I feel like I've been a little MIA here lately. I'd like to just blame some it all on the fact that Kruz is in his second cast in less than two months. I'll have to admit the adjustment has been easier than last time since we really never had time to adjust back to life without the darn thing. I still have to watch him like a hawk, encourage him not to be a real boy these days and quite frankly - bath time stinks. A simple washing of the hair and body takes a good hour, includes a screaming toddler and in a nutshell - it's quite traumatic for all involved. Poor Kohen just sits in the tub staring at Kruz and I like we've lost our minds. 

I'm beginning to think I have. 

Other than that, we're truckin' along just doing our thing. 

Life has been just that lately. 
Life. 
Over the past week I've had to endure the loss of a friendship. And lets face it - that is never, ever a good time. I am a person who put so much emphasis on people that when I am let down, I am really, really, really let down. Since last Saturday, I've gone through anger to hurt to anger to confused, back to hurt and now it's all settling in. I am believing God's hands are on the situation and am praying over Romans 8:28 - 

"We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people he called, because that was his plan."

I guess on the up side of it all I clean when I'm upset. My living room, kitchen and downstairs bathroom got a nice ole' deep cleaning courtesy of my turmoil this past week. My dining room, office and laundry room are next on that list. 

We started school last week and I am happy to say we've had pretty smooth sailing. We've jumped into Reading, Writing and Math and Kollin and Kolt are doing great! I am so excited to be teaching Kolt to read. Watching Kollin learn to read was one of the most amazing journeys of my life. It is like opening door after door after door with them. Kolt is flying through his lessons and I am a beaming Momma. Next week we are adding in our Science and Geography too.

Are you sad there are no adorable pictures of my children or crazy ones of the everyday? I apologize. Coming up soon though are some pretty cute ones that involve Kolt and his football attire. Signing off ...

No comments:

Post a Comment