Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What Life Looks Like Around Here ...

So I can only assume most of my readers are from around my parts. And if you're not, let me say this: we're in the middle of an insane winter storm here folks. Our backyard looked like an ice skating rink when we woke up and all day we've listened to ice dropping from the sky and branches popping, cracking and falling to the ground. More than anything, I am so thankful we still have power. 


So life around here looks like four boys going stir crazy and a Momma that is trying to get lots done just in case the power does go out. Did I mention I also have a husband here? Of course classes were canceled and his work said not to come in because of the roads. It is so nice having him here, but let me be honest - it makes me want to get nothing done and just lounge around with him all day and make up for all the days I miss with him. So my major plans of completely cleaning out my kitchen sort of went down the tube ... oh well. 


On a side note, I've actually started cooking again. And the boys are crazy excited about it. The look on Kollin's face when he sat down last week to an actual hot, cooked meal was priceless. He shouted, "You mean no sandwich or cereal?" And then downed steamed broccoli, homemade chicken nuggets, white beans and grape tomatoes like there was no tomorrow. Since then, I've ventured into lasagna, more steamed broccoli and a made up beef stew that turned out super yum! 

So for now, I'm upstairs in a small oasis of pure quietness. Apparently when the husband is home during an ice storm, it is mandatory to rearrange my living room to accommodate a  ginormous tent and have a campout. We decided this was a great time for him to spend some one on one with Kollin, Kolt and Kruz. So I took the opportunity to hit the sack early and ran up the stairs ... 



Have you been missing sweet pictures of my sweet youngins? Well, there you go. A little dose ...

Did I mention we're having a baby G.I.R.L?

Just thought I'd throw that in there ... 

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! The kids seem to enjoy the indoor camping a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete