Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Make That Two Nichols Ninjas ...

You, my friend, are reading my 200th post! 

And what better way for this Momma to mark a milestone than to brag on one of my kiddos?!

Kolt has officially become the second Nichols Ninja in our house. He started karate last week and is loving it! 


We've always wanted the boys to do something, some type of activity. Kolt's original choice was football and as much as I loved watching him play a game that he loved, the experience we had within the local association was enough to ruin us. (You can read more about Kolt's last season in this post) We have watched so much growth with Kollin in karate and have experienced first hand the positive influence this sport has had in his life. 



Kolt has been biting at the bit to get in there and start. We've been waiting for the time when we would renew Kollin's contract for the year and add Kolt, which came last month for us. Kolt started this past week. And the kid is loving it. I am excited to see him excited again about something for him. And as much as I am dying not enrolling him in football again this season, I am looking forward to watching Kolt establish relationships, positive and encouraging relationships I might add, with his instructors. 

Here is Kolt with Mr. Bennett, one of his instructors. Kolt earned his first belt this week and I heard Mr. Bennett explaining to him how he earned this belt, not that he was just giving it to him. 


On that note, I'll leave you with a ...

Hiiiii-Yaaaaa and a Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kelsey. You probably don't remember me from high school, but I just recently started following your blog. First of all, love the blog! I always look forward to reading your posts. Second, is that Nes Rodriguez in the background of some of those photos? I used to teach karate with Nes back when the studio was called "East/West Karate" from when I was 14 until I was 18 and went to college. I just thought it was neat that it's such a small world sometimes, even on the Internet, and that I think karate is one of the best sports for young children out there. It teaches humility, discipline, respect and manners all while being physically active. That's so exciting that Kolt joined and will be taught by Nes. He's getting one of the best instructors ever!

    Take care!
    Abi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Nes! And our family loves him! The boys have learned so much from him :) Small world! And thanks for following AT!

      Delete