Friday, May 16, 2014

Making The Glass Half Full: Our Trip to Savannah ...

So late last night or maybe sometime today you probably read my last post. And obviously, my glass was half empty throughout the entire thing. In an effort today to view my glass as being half full, I wanted to share with you some pictures from our quick trip to Savannah. 

Our reason for the trip was to see Slate, Travis' little brother, graduate from Armstrong Atlantic. In between the ceremony and spending some time with the hub's family, we were able to spend a little bit of time with just the six of us. 

On the way down, Kohen felt the need to let all of I-16 know he was ready to get out of the car as soon as we hit Metter. So off the exit we went and what happened to be there? A gas station with a Petting Zoo. Right up our alley ...









We made it shortly after to the hotel and Kollin, Kolt and Kruz were itching to jump in the pool. We let them suit up and swim for just 30 minutes before we had to go grab dinner. And as far as sleeping arrangements go, they were just fine ... 



Saturday morning and early afternoon we spent at the graduation ceremony and with Travis' brother and sister. 



 After lunch we were walking back to the car a couple blocks over and ran into this awesome splash pad. The kids had no other clothes than what they had on, oh well. We let them jump right in and I do believe that was the best part of the entire trip for me. They were all smiles and laughs ... 
















The splash pad wore them out, but not enough to walk to River Street for ice cream ...

This is Kohen's way of saying "please", a big 'ole cheese ... 


We did some exploring while we were on River Street. Have I mentioned how much I love that Kollin and Kolt can read? 



The ride home was rainy and a few of us slept, I was included in that "us" ...



Just looking at these pictures again make me sigh with happiness ... 

Here's to remembering the glass is half full ...

No comments:

Post a Comment