Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My Little Snowflakes ...

We've been playing hookie from school for about two weeks now. 

I decided we would take off Thanksgiving Day -duh- and the Friday after. I mean, we all know I was choosing to go shopping with my Momma. We spent the first couple days in recovery mode from the holiday weekend and then before I knew it, I was on a plane headed to Minnesota. I was only gone a couple of days, and whereas the husband was sure to wash all the dishes, there was still much Mommy work to be done around the house from being gone 48 hours. 

Just like that nearly two weeks have come and gone since we've gathered around the dining room table for school. And I swear, jumping back in is the.worst.


But sometimes the mess in the house needs to be ignored, the fact that nothing is really "planned" needs to be ignored and we just have to sit our butts down and just jump back in. Kollin and Kolt started their third math workbook and I pulled out our Mother Goose Time! 

December's theme is Winter Wonderland and oh my, it looks awesome! We are a little late getting started, but we love the crafts and other goodies so much we can totally double up (or triple up somedays) on the activities. This morning we talked about snowflakes! Snowflakes are all unique and this was a wonderful opportunity for me to throw in some Bible time! I read from Jeremiah as the boys made their Snowflake Stamps. 

The boys used scissors to cut slits around the circles given by MGT for our project. They took the long pieces of yarn and wrapped them according to how they wanted their snowflake to look. This was such a great project for working on fine motor skills. 



Once they designed their snowflakes, they dipped their piece into white paint and made Snowflake Stamps on their papers. Kruz' entire face lit up when he saw his design on his paper, he really loved this one. 




Even though this is a preschool curriculum, the big boys love the art projects, the books, the music, the games!


"Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Then I said, "But Lord God, I don’t know how to speak. I am only a boy." But the Lord said to me, “Don’t say, ‘I am only a boy.’ You must go everywhere I send you, and you must say everything I tell you to say. Don’t be afraid of anyone, because I am with you to protect you,” says the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth. He said to me, “See, I am putting my words in your mouth. Today I have put you in charge of nations and kingdoms. You will pull up and tear down, destroy and overthrow, build up and plant.”
Jeremiah 1:5-10

I loved this project. It was so neat to be able to show the boys firsthand their uniqueness, just like their snowflakes! 

"I received curriculum from Mother Goose Time for honest and authentic stories resulting from my daily experiences in using the curriculum. I applied to be an official Mother Goose Time blogger and will continue to share my experiences throughout the 2014/15 school year."

No comments:

Post a Comment