Friday, April 5, 2013

Grace to a Bad Day ...

Yesterday was a bad day.
 
Like one of those days where you'd like to erase it completely from the history books and never think on it again. Yea, it was that kind of day.
 
It started out with a "Kids, go in the other room so Mommy and Daddy can talk ...", also known as an argument amongst the husband and I. I mean, spouses do fight sometimes; it's gonna happen. And yesterday was living proof of it. Nothing serious, but still an argument and a bad way to start the day.
 
And instead of letting it go after the matter and not letting it ruin my day, I did the exact opposite. I let it take over my entire day. I was short with the kids and my bad attitude rubbed off on them. Mixing the two together is not good. Not good at all. They felt the tension and I'm a firm believer my kids know when something is not right around here. Other than Kohen, they all refused naps. We were late to karate. My computer started acting funny. Kruz had an accident. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.
 
Kollin snuck upstairs, called my Momma at work and pretty much tattled on me.
I laugh today, but yesterday it was not funny. You know when a six year old has to vent to his YahYah, something is really bad. Oh, how he is like me.
 
So after accomplishing next to nothing yesterday, I crashed at about 8:30 with a horrific headache, a dirty kitchen and this thought alone:
 
"God's grace for a bad day is that tomorrow is a new one."
 

This morning I started my day off completely different. I did wake up with the same horrific headache I laid my head down with last night. Instead of allowing it to control my day, I sat in my closet and read some scripture. I am always amazed at how God directs my fingers to flip exactly where I need to go.
 
 
This is where He took me:
 
"The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand."
Psalms 37: 23-24
 
And that's just exactly right.
 

We all have bad days. And we are all going to stumble. But never far enough that God can't pick you up, dust you off and start the next day completely different.
 
Thank you Lord for new days, for a refreshing point of view and Your words that are always a light unto my path. Thank you.
 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, as I was reading and scrolling, I thought the first picture was Kolt! Then I realized it was kruz! He is getting so big and they look just alike!!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete