Friday, November 29, 2013

A Nichols Brood Fave: Hearty White Bean Soup ...

Hi!

Hope y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and got your bellies full of some yummy, yummy deliciousness yesterday. Good Lord knows I know I did. I'm pretty sure I had about 6 different types of desserts. Hey - I shared most of it a little bit with Kohen. I'm not gonna lie either, I was still wobbling around doing my Black Friday shopping with all those sweets.

Anyway, speaking of yummy food I wanted to share another good family recipe. I love colder weather because it allows me to cook lots and lots of different soups. Most of the soups we have around here are pretty healthy too - and inexpensive to make and will last us a couple of nights. And I haven't had one yet that my boys don't all love

I found this one on a rack of recipes at Publix last year and it has been a keeper for this year too. It's very simple - and simple is good in my book. 

Here ya go, enjoy!

Hearty White Bean Soup

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cans Great Northern Beans
4 cups carrots, chopped
8 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves

How To Make It:
Heat oil in bottom of pot. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in broth, beans, carrots and bay leaves. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 1 hour or until carrots are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving. ENJOY!

Like I said in the last recipe post, I don't normally do anything canned - and in this recipe I actually soak and cook the beans instead of using canned ones. I use one small bag of beans for this recipe. And all of the soaking and cooking directions are on the bag. I also use organic carrots and celery, which are super inexpensive. And I use organic chicken broth too. 

This recipe makes enough for our family of 6 to enjoy it 2 nights in a row. 


Here is an oldie of my Kollin and Kolt New Years Eve 2010 ...
Oh these sweet babies of mine grow way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment