Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Nichols Brood Fave: White Chicken Chili

Hey y'all! I wanted to share this recipe with you, it is one of our favorites around here for this time of year. I got this recipe from my Uncle Doug and I have no clue where he got it from. Could be some secret family recipe or something for all I know. Anyhow, I do know it is darn right delicious and I wanted to share it!

White Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
2 med chopped onions
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cans of Great Northern Beans
2 cans of white corn, drained
1 7.5oz green chilies
3 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Better Than Bullion
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 large carton of sour cream
4 cups jack cheese for topping

How To Make It:
Saute the onions with some butter at the bottom of the pot and add spices. Add everything else, except the sour cream. Simmer about 30 minutes. Add the sour cream at the very end. Add cheese for your topping. ENJOY!

I don't normally do anything canned around here, but my oh my this recipe is worth it. I use organic chicken broth instead of regular and the Better Than Bullion stuff you can find on the same aisle as the bullion cubes.

Around our neck of the woods, we Nichols love spicy stuff - even the boys. If you want to make it not so spicy, maybe leave out half of the green chilies. I've not tried it this way, but I don't see why that wouldn't calm it down a bit. 

This recipe made enough for our family of 6 to enjoy it 2 nights in a row. 

Hope you enjoy!! Happy Thursday y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment