Friday, March 14, 2014

Yogurt Covered Raisins and Mickey Mouse ...

 Kohen's age is a hard one because at this point he can't really tell me what's wrong, what hurts or what happened. I noticed Monday after nap Kohen was uncomfortable when I picked him up out of his crib. Hm - weird, I thought. He never cries when I pick him up. Maybe when I put him down, but never when I pick him up. Maybe a fluke, I thought.

Monday night goes by, Tuesday goes by. 

I knew something wasn't right, I just couldn't put my finger on it. My thought was a bruised rib or something. Now how that would've happened, I wasn't sure. He'd had no major falls or anything. Still though, that was my guess and I was sticking to it. 

Wednesday night, I was putting Kohen to bed and in our ritual I was tickling him while I changed his diaper. And it hit me. Hm. He's not crying when I'm tickling his ribs. Back to square one, I was thinking. Maybe it was one of his shoulders. The plan was to go to the pediatrician Thursday morning anyway to get this situation checked out. 

Doc's guess - a broken collarbone. 

We were sent to Children's Healthcare for a x-ray to have the doc's guess confirmed. Yep. A broken collarbone. Now imagine how wonderful this Momma felt when I could not, for the life of me, figure out when this kid broke his collarbone. 


And the Mommy Award goes to ... not me. 

This would be a good time for Kohen to start talking in complete, clear sentences. No?


Of course, there isn't much we can do. We did order a clavicular splint for him to wear for 4 weeks and he'll be super sore for about another week. Doc said to keep him as non-rambunctious as possible. Yea okay. 

And as always, when one of my kiddos even merely coughs, YahYah comes bearing treats. Two new Mickey Mouse DVDs and a big ole' container of yogurt covered raisins, which are both Kohen's newest obsessions. Some days I think he is going to turn into a yogurt covered raisin. 


Last night I was laying in bed and had a total revelation. I know when it happened. I was driving myself crazy thinking about everything we've done the beginning of the week, where we went, who Kohen was around. And it hit me. Monday before nap, the boys were all outside playing. Kolt and Kruz were swinging and Kohen walked out in front of Kolt. It was just as soon as he went up in the swing, Kolt's feet hit Kohen and he fell backwards. He cried, ate lunch, laid down for a nap and woke up acting weird and clingy. 

I feel so much better knowing what happened and I am certain that the yogurt covered raisins and Mickey Mouse make him feel a little better too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment