Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Mission Trip to Honduras: Post Three

The saying is true people, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder".

I think today has been the hardest for me emotionally. Not that I locked myself in a room somewhere and cried uncontrollably or anything, but pretty much every thought that crossed my mind ended with just how much I'm missing my two boys. 

Kollin was beaming on FaceTime tonight. He was telling me all about how much help he was today in helping build the church. In his words he got to "nut and bolt things together" and "haul off wood in buckets". As much as Kollin went on and on about getting to really work today, the husband went on and on about these three little girls he met today and how they thought he was "muy guapo". 


Apparently, they thought my husband was cute. 


Some of our group went to visit the orphanage there this afternoon. Our group was
able to give 16 boys new shoes and socks!

(Those that were able to hand out shoes to the boys at the orphanage.)

There is so much work left to be done in building this new church there. Please pray
they are able to complete the project before Friday!

P.S. There is a PIZZA HUT in Honduras! I bet Kollin was shocked considering he asked
me at one point before the trip if they would have any normal food there.

No comments:

Post a Comment