Friday, November 7, 2014

Forced to Rest, Forced to Feel Better ...

Mommas are just not meant to be sick. And as I laid in the bed just about all weekend, listening to the husband practically lose his mind downstairs playing Mommy, I wondered why. Why in the world do Mommas get sick? I mean can't we have a bubble around us or something? At some point though, I heard my sweet Lord whisper in my ear, "Had I not made you rest, when would you have allowed yourself to?" 


There is so much truth in that statement. I won't speak for all of us Mommas, but as for me, I never allow myself to rest. In my restless mind, there is always, always, always something to do. Always laundry, always lessons to plan, always a kitchen to clean, always a baby to change, always a dirty toilet, always a need to vacuum. So I guess sometimes God makes that choice for me. And to Him I say thank you, thank you for the days of rest. Even if a sore throat, cough and fever were necessary to get me there. 



Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are different than Saturdays and Sundays though. I've been forced to get out of the bed, bathe each day and be Momma again. The Hubs has school and work and the children demand to be fed three times a day. How dare them? Thank the Lord Kollin can be such a big help during weeks like these. 



School this week has been packed. Kollin and Kolt are just about to finish up their first math book. We're learning about space, specifically the Earth and Sun right now. And Kruz is cruising right along in his reading lessons. Between those and our other usuals, we have also added Mother Goose Time in our schedule for Kruz! Mother Goose Time is a preschool curriculum. Each month we get a new box that is packed full of everything you need for the theme that month. This month we are learning about the rainforest, which is really cool because the big boys are even interested! I am going to do an entire blog post really soon about Mother Goose Time, how it works and what all comes with the material. This week one of our beginning projects was making our own rainforest using pictures, tissue paper and lots and lots and lots of glue! 




Life doesn't stop. Ever. But it is important to stop and rest sometimes. I can't wait to share more about what's going on here at Nichols' Prep and more about Mother Goose Time. 


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment