Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life Around Here ...

Well. Life around here ...
It's been a little, um, laid back you could say. 

Yea. I said it. Laid back. As in, we're having fun and not running around like crazy people. And no, I have not given away any of my children.


If my husband read those words up there, he'd probably laugh. Yea, so I guess I'm speaking for just myself and the kiddos. Between work and school, I don't know how he is breathing. I've been doing some serious praying for him ... for quiet time in his soul, for encouraging feelings of being an overcomer and for a time to know when to rest. We knew school was going to be hard. And this is nothing more than I had expected. I guess I'm just surprised that the roles have been reversed; I am the one always in shambles about all we have to do and he is the rational one. Not so much these days. I am rational, he is in shambles. Seems like in Travis' world if it's not one thing, then its another. And because of all this chaos, my heart aches for him and I want to take some of the pressure off. I can't though. And I know that. And in steps one of the many reasons for prayer.  

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,  as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18  

Aside from the husband's craziness, me and the kids have been loving summer. Or the days of pool, as we like to call them. I've been enjoying doing school here and there, watching my garden grow, our pool, hanging with friends way more often than usual and listening to Kollin read his little heart out. 

I would say most of our informal learning these days have been outside. We've been working on making our backyard a place birds love to be. And so far, it's working. Just this morning, we found two little baby birds in their nest. You woulda thought my boys struck gold! I love seeing them get excited about learning, even if they don't know they are. We watched the babies sit there with their mouths wide open and heres me in the background, "This is a great example of animal instincts ..." See. School just happened. 


The boys and I have set out multiple bird feeders, suet feeders, hummingbird feeders, a bird bath and a couple homemade bird houses I think they love our pergula more for their nests though. We've also been enveloped by our first garden. And we are.loving.it. I am on pins and needle to get some grub out of that thing. 


Guess this is what Kruz thinks of garden work.

The pool has been nearly daily here lately. And in my book, there is nothing wrong with that. Kruz finally warmed up to the water and has become quite the little fish. My only problem is trying to keep floaties on him. I think he has a love-hate relationship with those things. He hates wearing them, but loves when they save his butt. Kollin and Kolt are loving having friends over so much. And our pool is always hoppin' with kiddos. The more, the merrier if you ask me. Their imagination is really starting to run wild and this Momma is loving it. Randomly they go from children to baby sharks to lifeguards to pirates. Let it run babies, let it run. 

Kollin reading is like music to my ears. And the very best part is that I was given the opportunity to watch him learn how. He's been reading all types of books, including his First Readers Bible. How awesome. My heart is simply filled with joy. 


So life. Yea. It's been pretty good around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment